‘For hire carriers’ must implement and conduct drug and alcohol testing programs, which must include supervisor training, education for drivers, pre-employment drug testing, conducting random drug testing, post-accident testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return to duty testing and follow up testing and including a written drug and alcohol testing policy in compliance with DOT and FMCSA regulations.
DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing – ‘For hire carriers’
- Industry Experts
- Fast and Easy
An authorized ‘for-hire motor’ carrier transports passengers, regulated property or household goods owned by others for compensation. For hire carriers, in addition to the USDOT number also need to obtain an operating authority (MC number).
Goat Moves Drug Testing specializes in providing drug and alcohol testing program for ‘For hire carriers’. Our services are affordable, competitive and the best in the nation. Drug testing collection facilities are available through the United States. Services can be set up in one business day, fast and easy and compliant. With DOT services from Goat Moves Drug Testing, ‘For hire carriers’ can focus their own company resources on the transportation business.
‘For hire carriers’ that fail to conduct the tests or provide the necessary documentation are subject to fines, beginning at $1,000 a day for record keeping failures and up to $10,000 a day for knowingly falsifying records. Audit assistance is always available from Goat Moves Drug Testing.
The requirement of a DOT number does not necessarily mean that the ‘for hire carrier’ is required to have the DOT drug and alcohol testing program. Note the differences between the requirements for a DOT number and requirement for the DOT drug and alcohol testing program.
Requirements for a DOT number
- Vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs.
- You transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation
- You transport 16 or more passengers
- You haul hazardous materials
Requirements for the DOT drug and alcohol testing program
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or Gross Combination Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more
- Transporting 16 passengers or more
- Transporting Hazardous Materials requiring placarding
There are many requirements the ‘For hire carriers’ are responsible for. Goat Moves Drug Testing makes this easy and fast. Our DOT compliant services include:
- Step by step instructions and all required documents – all in one great compliance manual.
- All required DOT forms and documents
- A policy statement on controlled substances use and alcohol misuse in the workplace – your customized DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Policy
- Educational materials to be distributed to all covered employees
- Supervisor training materials and access to live or on line additional supervisor training
- Employee assistance programs, rehabilitation, and treatment programs information.
- Access to Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) for DOT violations
- Copies of DOT regulation 49 CFR Part 40 and FMCSA regulation 49 CFR Part 382
- A controlled substances and alcohol testing program for persons, used in duties requiring the driving of CMV’s.
- Random testing instructions for required random testing.
- All required forms for compliance.
- Instructions for required record keeping.